History of Library

Dr. Olin Cofer



The current facility was constructed in 1966 and named for Dr. Olin Sanford Cofer (1895-1975), a prominent physician from the Atlanta and Gainesville areas. The two-story building consists of the circulation area, the reference area, book stacks, various individual study carrels and lounge area, student computers, copiers, printers and scanners, and Coffee@Cofer hot beverage area on the main floor. A large group study room and restrooms are located on the lower level. The library is located at the "top of the campus" near the Cross with parking directly behind the building.