Tax Forms & Assistance

Tax Forms & Assistance

Free Online Tax Filing

INfreefile allows customers with lower adjusted gross incomes to file their federal and state taxes for free using simple question and answer type software. Nearly 2 million Hoosier taxpayers will qualify.

Tax Forms

At the libraries
The library has the Federal 1040 booklets with forms free of charge. The State of 
Indiana did not provide the library with paper forms this year.

  Printable Forms
    Most forms can be printed from the governments' websites.
    Printing at the library costs 10¢ per page.


  **This number 317-615-2581 can be called to have the Indiana state forms mailed to your house.

  **Paper forms can be obtained from the Clarksville District Office of the Indiana Government located at
    1200 Madison St. Suite E.
    Clarksville, IN 47129
    (812) 282-7729

AARP Free In-Person Tax Preparation Service

AARP Foundation Tax-aide offers free tax preparation to low and moderate income taxpayers, especially those 50 or older. This service begins in February and ends in April.

Everyone must wear a mask.

In Sellersburg:

Beginning February 2023

Sellersburg American Legion Post 204
412 N New Albany Street
Sellersburg, IN 47172

In Corydon:

Beginning February 2023

Hill View Apartments
1341 Hill View Drive
Corydon, IN 47112

In New Albany:

Beginning February 2023

New Albany American Legion Post 28
1930 McDonald Lane
New Albany, IN 47150

When you come, please bring the following:
•  Copy of last year’s tax return(s)
•  W-2 forms from each employer
•  Unemployment compensation statements
•  SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
•  All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets
•  1099-MISC showing any miscellaneous income
•  1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity
•  All forms indicating federal income tax paid
•  Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, Social Security number)
•  All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
•  Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents

For more information on this service visit

AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is offered in conjunction with the IRS.